Friday, October 20, 2006

John McCain on Gay Marriage

His thoughts? From "Hardball" at Iowa State University.

On gay marriage:

“On the issue of gay marriage, I do believe, and I think it's a correct policy that the sanctity of heterosexual marriage, a marriage between man and woman, should have a unique status. But I‘m not for depriving any other group of Americans from having rights. But I do believe that there is something that is unique between marriage between a man and a woman, and I believe it should be protected.”

“I think that gay marriage should be allowed, if there‘s a ceremony kind of thing, if you want to call it that. I don‘t have any problem with that, but I do believe in preserving the sanctity of a union between man and woman.”

"On the issue of the gay marriage, I believe that people want to have private ceremonies, that‘s fine. I do not believe that gay marriages should be legal."

I think Senator McCain is entitled to all due respect as a serviceman and a former P.O.W. As a politician, he's a gutless wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment