Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sen. Feingold backs gay marriage

I'm about ready to hitch a ride on the Feingold in '08 bandwagon.

This takes guts.

"Sen. Russell Feingold (D-Wis.), a prospective 2008 presidential candidate, said yesterday that he thinks bans on same-sex marriages have no place in the nation's laws."

"Feingold called the amendment "a mean-spirited attempt" to single out gay men and lesbians for discrimination and said he would vote against it. But he went further, announcing that he favors legalizing same-sex marriages.

That puts him at odds with many prominent Democratic politicians who support gay rights but not same-sex marriage. Should Feingold decide to run for the party's presidential nomination in 2008, his position would put him to the left of many likely rivals."

I think the Holy Terrors will pull out all the stops to keep Russ from getting into the White House, he being Jewish and all. When I say they're going to try to crucify him, I hope I'm only meaning figuratively.

That could be why Sen. Feingold is doing this now. He's going to be painted as the Anti-Christ anyway by the Holy Terrors, so he's got nothing to lose by pissing them off to no end.

As for me, I'm glad to see a Democrat start acting like he's got some balls. Harry Truman would be so pissed right now that he's the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment