Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Aussie Fashion Show features....real women!!!

The horror!! Next thing you know, they'll be wearing real clothes!!

Just kidding.

I don't have much use for the fashion industry. My Lovely Wife religiously watches Project Runway
which means I watch it too, if only because she'll tolerate my watching every single football game I can find with the remote control.

Anyway, the industry itself doesn't do anything for me, but I simply can't stand their obsession with anorexic-chic models when it comes to what constitutes "beautiful." When these bony-ass girls send CARE packages to Ethiopia, they come back with notes saying, "We've seen your pictures. Thanks, but you need this food more than we do." I mean, Kate Moss and her ilk have to run around in the shower to get wet. That's not sexy, beautiful, or even attractive.

Then I found this story out of Australia. Seems a fashion designer who'd suffered from anorexia as a kid and her partner decided to feature as models for their swimwear women who might actually wear it.

Naturally, the industry's mucky-mucks had a shit fit, but the designers, audience members, models, and potential customers loved the idea.

Fashion Week organisers IMG threw the show into jeopardy early on Wednesday after advising Ms Fogarty to use professional models.

But the designers stood their ground and the show featured size 8-12 models.

Stephanie Campbell, a nurse at the Royal Children's Hospital, said the experience was amazing.

"I thought all the girls looked gorgeous," Ms Campbell, 30, of Fitzroy, said.

Sunshine Coast university student Linda Schmid, 24, said it was great to model alongside average-sized women who were confident with their bodies.


Here's a photo gallery of the fashion show.

These women don't meet the industry's standard of beautiful, but as far as I'm concerned...

Hell yeah, they're hot. I'd fuck 'em.



Especially Linda Schmid, the one on the right. If you're ever in the U.S.A., let me know and we'll give "Having fun Down Under" a whooooooole 'nother meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment