Thursday, March 16, 2006

Gay LDS Member may be excommunicated for getting married.

I applaud the guy just for having the guts to stand up for himself in that environment.

From the article:

Jeppson does not expect to prevail in any disciplinary action, nor does he expect the church to accept same-sex marriage. Given the choice, Jeppson said his preference would be for the church to ignore him.

"I'm not attending in a dress or wearing a boa or anything," Jeppson said. "I show up in my suit and white shirt and split after sacrament meeting. I just want to participate and I want to worship quietly in a safe place."

Reminds me of something I saw on "So Graham Norton" once. He was in Mexico and he translated a pamphlet he found on the street entitled, "Should the Catholic Church abandon homosexuals," and he said, "If that means leaving us alone, then the answer is, 'Yes.'"


On behalf of Mr. Jeppson, to the LDS Church: MYOB.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting. It's truly mind-boggling that gay unions are considered more damaging to the institution of marriage than are marriages like those of Britney Spears, Brad Pitt & Jennifer Aniston, J-Lo, and on and on and on. I'm also truly amazed that the so-called conservative movement advocates "getting the government out of peoples' lives" and by the same token insists on controlling peoples' personal relationships.

    Thanks again for posting, and thanks for being so enlightened.

    :)

    ReplyDelete