Friday, March 10, 2006

What'd I say?

From my very first post, originally published July 2005 on ERWA.

"Imagine watching the Fox News Channel. The commentator on one of the talking head shows announces, “The Food and Drug Administration has given final approval for an AIDS vaccine that has been demonstrated to be 100% effective. With me now is a spokesman for the Family Research Council. Your thoughts?”

'It’s a dark day for humanity, Bill. Now, homosexuals will be free to fornicate without fear of consequences or God’s holy wrath. This vaccine is a tool of Satan and must be eradicated at all costs.'"

Now this from the New Yorker:


Michael Specter's article is only in the print edition.

Andrew Sullivan quotes from the article.

In the eyes of the Holy Terrors, engaging in "unacceptable sexual behavior" is a fate worse than death.

Tell me I didn't call this one!